- Profile Cohabitation
- My wife, a psychologist having second thoughts about her career. No kids yet.
- Profile Communities
- I know futurists. I know quite a few academics, and some psychologists (my wife's colleagues). I know artists, designers and media content people. I wish I knew more farmers, and chefs -- skills I'd love to have...
- Profile Skills
- A little of everything, and curious about a lot more. (A favourite quote, not sure from where: ""The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder."") Quite good on the psychological and social aspects of how people think ahead (or not), and Iâ€™m an experienced thrower of spanners, carefully designed, into those works. Much more interested in cooking than I used to be, though no special talent for it.
- Profile Profession
- I'm a freelance futurist, writer and consultant. The GEAS Asia-Pacific Bureau in Singapore has sent me to Hawaii to help strategise and track regional Superthreat responses, particularly ""Ravenous"".
- Profile Location
- I've just returned for a stint on Oahu, Hawaii (normally I live in Melbourne, Australia). We have a long-term booking at a beautiful beachside hotel near Waikiki, but I prefer hanging out on the windward side with old friends from when we lived here back in the noughties.
- Profile Experience
- Growing up in Australia, I never thought I'd live in the U.S. Then I wound up there for the better part of a decade. If you can't even foresee your own choices, it's hard to avoid concluding that the future has its own agenda. I still believe in the power of choice from among rigorously imagined alternatives, but Iâ€™m a bit more Zen about it than I used to be.
- Profiles Ideals
- My wife, family, friends, of course. And, corny but true -- the future. These days, it needs all the help it can get.
- Super Name
- Super Id
- Member for
- 6 years 20 weeks